Content to come.
Dr. Vasso Artinopoulou is Professor of Criminology in the Sociology Department of Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences (Athens, Greece) where she was Vice Rector of the University from 2009-2011. She teaches the courses on Family violence, Victimology, and Restorative justice. She is also the founder and Director of the 'Restorative Justice and Mediation Centre'', a university Laboratory at Panteion University.
Prof. Artinopoulou is actively participating in many national, European and International organizations, working groups, and research projects. She is an individual expert of the Research Executive Agency (REA) of the European Commission in the fields of justice and security. Member of the European Preparatory Law Committees (DROITPEN). Currently, she is the Head of the Crime and Criminal Justice Unit and the Gender Issues Unit in European Public Law Organisation (EPLO, EU) (since 2012); Head of the Central Scientific Committee against Bullying in the Hellenic Ministry of Education, Head of the Working Group on Community Prevention Councils at the Hellenic Ministry for Citizens Protection, Vice President of Board of the ‘Organization against Drugs’, Ministry of Health (Greece) (since 2009); Member of Empowerment and Equity for Diverse Communities Thematic Working Group of Global Forum on Law, Justice and Development, LJD, The World Bank, Washington DC, USA (2012-); Program Scientific Advisor and Internal Program Evaluator of the EU Program ‘The 3E Model for a Restorative Justice Strategy in Europe’ (JUST/2010/JPEN/AG/1534) large scale program (15 EU partners) (2011-). She is the founder and scientific director of the Hellenic Social Mediation Center. President of Board at the ‘Central Scientific Prison Board’ Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights (2009-2011); Member of Legislative Committee for the assessment and treatment of victims of child sexual abuse, Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights, Greece (2010); President of Board at Research Center for Gender Issues (KETHI), 2001-2004; National Representative of Greece at the European Observatory for School Violence (founding member) (2000).
Prof. Artinopoulou is the Editor in chief of the Peer Review Journal ‘Internet Journal of Restorative Justice’, London, UK (2013-), Member of the International Editorial Board of The International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare (ISSN: 2056=4902 (2014-), Member of the Board of the Journal of Asian Development.
Dr. Artinopoulou has carried out research on violence (women’s and children abuse), victimology, gender equality and sexual harassment at workplaces, juvenile delinquency, restorative justice, social mediation, and school violence. She has organized several conferences, such as the International Symposia on Restorative Justice. Prof. Artinopoulou is the author of nine books, many peer review papers, and book chapters in English, French and Greek language.
1. (1994). Contribution to the study of father-daughter incest. A criminological perspective. Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences.
Books (Published )
2. (1995), Artinopoulou, V. Incest. Theoretical Perspectives and Research Findings. Nomiki Bibiothiki Publications, Athens . (in Greek)
3. (1996) Artinopoulou, V. & Maganas A. Victimology and Aspects of Victimization. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens. (in Greek)
4. (2000) Artinopoulou, V. New social movements. A criminological perspective. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens. (in Greek)
5. (2001) Artinopoulou, V. School Violence: Research and Policies in Europe. Metaihmio Publications, Athens (in Greek)
6. (2006) Artinopoulou, V. & Papatheodorou, Th. Sexual Harassment at work. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens. (in Greek)
7. (2006) Artinopoulou, V. Domestic Violence against women. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens (in Greek)
8. (2010) Artinopoulou, V. School Mediation: Training pupils in dealing with violence and bullying. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Athens. (in Greek)
9. (2010) Artinopoulou, V. Restorative Justice. A challenge for criminal justice systems. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications. Athens. (in Greek)
10. (2013) Artinopoulou, V. & Gavrielides, Th. (eds) Reconstructing the Restorative Justice Philosophy, Ashgate Publishing.
Papers in peer review Journals, book chapters and volumes (indicatively cited):
1. Artinopoulou, V (2015) Restorative Justice and Psychology: Positivism in criminology again? A few Theoretical Reflections. In Gavrielides, Th (ed) The Psychology of Restorative Justice: Managing the Power Within. Farnham: Ashgate Publishing (ISBN 978-1-4724-5530-7, publication date: December 2015).
2. Artinopoulou, V & Michael Iro, (2014) Empowering Restorative Justice in Greece: One step forward for victims. In Gavrielides, Th (ed) A victim Led Criminal Justice System: Addressing the paradox. Independent Academic Research Studies, IARS, London, UK, pp 143-164, ISBN 978-1-90764
3. Artinopoulou, V & Gavrielides, Th., (2013) Restorative Justice Philosophy through a value- based methodology, in Artinopoulou & Gavrielides (eds) Reconstructing Restorative Justice Philosophy, Ashgate Publishing, 2013, pp. 3-24
4. Artinopoulou & Gavrielides, (2013) Artistotle on Restorative Justice : Where the restorative justice and human rights movements meet (κοινοί τόποι), in Artinopoulou & Gavrielides (eds) Reconstructing Restorative Justice Philosophy, Ashgate 2013, pp. 25-46
5. Artinopoulou & Gavrielides, (2013) Epilogue: Reconstructing Restorative Justice Philosophy, in Artinopoulou & Gavrielides (eds) Reconstructing Restorative Justice Philosophy, Ashgate 2013, pp. 337-352
6. Artinopoulou, V. (2012) Preface chapter in Gavrielides, Th. Waves of Healing: Using Restorative Justice with street group violence. IARS, London, UK
7. Artinopoulou, V. (2012) Restorative justice and Young Females in Custody in Greec. In Th. Gavrielides (ed) Youth and Restoration. De Sitter Publication, Canada, pp. 201- 222
8. Artinopoulou, V. & Gavrielides, Th (2012) Human Rights based Restorative Justice for Violence against Young Women: Experiences from Greece and the United Kingdom. In Th. Gavrielides (ed) Rights and Restoration within Youth Justice, De Sitter Publications, Canada, pp. 177-200
9. Artinopoulou, V. & Gavrielides, (2012) Th. Restorative Justice and Violence against Women: Comparing Greece and United Kingdom, Asian Journal of Criminology, DOI 10.1007/s11417-011-9123-x (in English)
10. Artinopoulou, V. & Michael, I. (2012) Promoting Women’s Rights in Immigrant Populations; NGO’s Best Practices for Muslim Women in Athens. Pakistan Journal of Criminology, special issue on Human Rights, 4,2.
11. Artinopoulou, V., Michael, I., Kalavri, Ch.(2012) Formal and Informal Restorative Justice Practices for Juveniles in Greece; Difficulties and challenges in practice. Youth Voice Journal, vol. 3(1), pp. 5-18
12. Review of Artinopoulou, Vasso, (2012) Restorative Justice; The Challenge of Modern Legal Systems (Greek title; Επανορθωτική Δικαιοσύνη: Η πρόκληση των σύγχρονων δικαιικών συστημάτων), Athens, Legal Library, 2010. Asian Journal of Criminology, 2012, DOI: 10.1007/s11417-012-9137-z
13. Artinopoulou, Vasso & Petoussi- Douli, Vassiliki, (2011) Legalism and Paternalism in Greece. Powerful Trends in the Reification of Risk and the Treatment of Juvenile Offenders. In A. Francois, V. Massin, D. Niget (eds.) Violences juveniles sous expertise(s) XIXe-XXI Siecles, Presses Universitaires de Louvain, pp. 157-185. (in English and French)
14. Artinopoulou, V. (2011) Restorative Justice and Human Rights: One step forward of two steps back? In collective volume "The way to justice" Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Editions Ant. Sakoula. (in Greek)
15. Artinopoulou, V.(2011) Bullying and cyberbullying in Greece. In Thanos , Th. & Kourkoutas, H. (eds) School violence and Delinquency: Psycho-social dimensions and interventions. Editions Topos, Athens (in English)
16. Artinopoulou, V.(2011) Mediation in the context of restorative justice. In Th. Thanos (ed) Restorative Justice and Penal Mediation. Topos Editions pp. 10-27 (in Greek)
17. Artinopoulou, V.(2010) The gray zones of restorative justice. In J. Farsedakis’ honorable volume, Vol. I, Nomiki Bibliothiki, Athens (in Greek)
18. Artinopoulou, V.(2010) Victim Offender Mediation in Family Violence cases- The greek experience. In European Best Practices of Restorative Justice in the Criminal Procedure. Conference Publication, Ministry of Justice and Law Enforcement of the Republic of Hungary, Budapest, pp.177-186. (in English)
19. Artinopoulou, V., (2010) Child Law and Friendly Children Justice: Current trends and perspectives. In 2nd Hellenic Congress of Studies in Education. University of Athens, Department of Primary Education, Conference Proceedings. (in Greek)
20. Artinopoulou, V. (2010) Gender and Restorative Justice: The case of Family Violence. In Honorary Volume for Prof. C. Spinellis, Ant. Sakkoulas Editions, pp. 545-558. (in Greek)
21. Artinopoulou, V. (2009) Victimization of Children, Poverty and Social Inequalities: The case of Greece. In 1st Hellenic Congress of Studies in Education. University of Athens, Department of Primary Education, Conference Proceedings. (in Greek)
22. Artinopoulou, V. (2009) From Theoretical to applied criminology: The restorative justice paradigm. In Courakis et al (eds) Criminology: Teaching and Research in Greece, Ant. Sakoulas Editions, Athens, pp 325-348. (in Greek)
23. Artinopoulou, V. (2009) Victim Offender Mediation in Family Violence Cases- The Greek Experience, in Criminology and European Crime Policy, Essays in Honor of A. Tsitsoura, Sakkoulas Publications, 2009:367-380 (in English)
24. Artinopoulou, V. (2009) Cyber Bullying. A new form of children victimization? In Sciences of Education, vol. 1/2009, pp. 7-19. (in English)
25. Artinopoulou, V. (2009) Prevention policies for family violence. In Volume ‘Social Inequalities, Criminality and Social Policy’, Social Policy Scientific Bar Association, Athens. (in Greek)
26. Artinopoulou, V. and Farsedakis, J., (2006) La violence contre les femmes exercée par leurs conjoints ou compagnons. In: Une criminologie de la Tradition a l’Innovation. Editions Larcier, 2006, pp. 81-87. (in French)
27. Artinopoulou, V. (2003) Violence against women: The European Policies. In Honorary Volume for Prof. A. Yotopoulos- Marangopoulos, Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications, Vol. A’, pp. 105-120. (in Greek)
28. Artinopoulou, V. (2001) School Violence in Greece. Research overview and coping strategies, in E. Debarbieux and C. Blaya (ed.), Violence in schools. Ten approaches in Europe, Paris ESF, pp.111-26.(in English and French)